Acting as the gatekeeper for the securities and futures industry in Hong Kong, the Commission’s Licensing Department is responsible for licensing intermediaries and ensuring that only fit and proper individuals and corporations are permitted to carry on the business activities that are regulated by the Commission under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO).
Exciting opportunities are now available for qualified professional to join the Licensing Department as a Manager (one-year contract). The successful candidate will be supervised by an Associate Director or a Senior Manager.
- Considering and handling corporate and individual licensing applications;
- Handling licensing issues of intermediaries and licensed individuals, including those arising from complaints and statutory notifications;
- Handling public enquiries on licensing matters;
- Working in a collaborative manner with other divisions/departments within the SFC on cross-divisional projects; and
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with market participants and colleagues within the Commission
- University degree and/or professional qualification in Law, Accounting, Finance or Economics;
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant working experience
- Some knowledge of the SFC regulatory regime;
- Well organised and fast learner;
- Good analytical, interpersonal and communications skills;
- A strong sense of responsibility and integrity; and
- Good English and Chinese writing and presentation skills
Candidate with less experience will be considered for Temporary Assistant Manager.
Please quote the reference and apply by 16 April 2021 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Last update: 1 Apr 2021