Our CEO has the overall executive responsibility for the SFC's operations including carrying out specific functions or duties delegated by the Board from time to time.
Key responsibilities include:
- facilitating the effective functioning of the Board;
- developing strategic objectives, including setting the SFC's agenda and priorities, and implementing the objectives as agreed with the Board;
- communicating Board-agreed strategic objectives to staff at all levels and ensuring that these objectives are achieved in practice;
- reporting regularly to the Board to enable it to discharge its responsibilities effectively;
- informing and consulting the Chairman and the Board on all matters of significance for the organisation;
- recommending to the Board any significant operational changes and major capital expenditures beyond delegated authority;
- assigning responsibilities to the senior management and supervising the work of executive directors;
- overseeing day-to-day regulatory work and ensuring that the SFC has the necessary resources to carry out its mission;
- signing the annual accounts of the SFC and the Investor Compensation Fund;
- sharing with the Chairman the responsibility to convene meetings of the Board and the Advisory Committee;
- sharing with the Chairman and senior management the responsibility to communicate our messages to external parties;
- recruiting, developing and retaining quality staff, in particular establishing a strong management team; and
- representing the SFC locally and internationally.
See the biography of Mr Ashley ALDER, SBS, JP, CEO of the SFC.
Last update: 5 Oct 2020